Study to show yourself pleasing to God, a workman that does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15).
There are seven major keys to excellence in life and ministry. Practice them and you will experience success and breakthroughs.
- Meditation: God told Joshua that the key to excellence in life and ministries is deep meditation on His word day and night.
This book of the law shall not depart out of your mouth; but you shall meditate therein day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then shall you make your way prosperous, and then shall you have good success (Joshua 1:8).
- Locate your calling: The Bible tells us that there are diversities of gifts and callings (1 Cor. 12:1-31).
The gifting of God allows you to do whatever He is calling you to do really well. Find out what you can do with enthusiasm, interest, and fulfillment.
But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ. “Wherefore he says, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men” … Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ (Eph. 4:7-8, 13).
- Divine Direction: Allow the Almighty God to lead you and direct you in your entire life and ministry. His desire is to lead you into paths of excellence (1 Kings 8:1-66). God will give you divine directions that will lead to your breakthrough and success and prosperity.
Blessed be the LORD, who has given rest unto his people Israel, according to all that he promised. There has not failed one word of all his good promise, which he promised by the hand of Moses his servant (1 Kings 8:56).
- The Holy Spirit is your partner: The Holy Spirit is the closest and the best friend you have. He will help you attain excellence in your life and ministry. He is your guide, your comforter, your counselor, and your teacher. Make the Holy Spirit your Associate and partner and you will excel greatly.
But you shall receive power, after the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and you shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth (Acts 1:8).
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you (John 14:26).
- Mentoring: Ask God to give you someone you can learn from and follow as an example in your life. Your mentor must be one who has excelled in life and ministry. Moses mentored Joshua (Exodus 24:13, Deut. 1:37-38). Elijah mentored Elisha (1 Kings 19:16-21).
Brethren, be imitators of me, and mark them who walk so (in the same way) as you have us for an example… For our conversation (citizenship) is in heaven; from where we also look for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ (Philippians 3:17,20).
- Accountability: Where there is no accountability there is no responsibility. You must stay under authority of some mature ministers and be accountable to them.
For it is written, As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God (Romans 14:11-12).
Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you (Hebrews 13:17).
- Living a Holy life before God: God is Holy. God calls us to Holiness also. You cannot live in sin and expect God to bring you into the place of excellence in life and ministry.
But as he who has called you is holy, so you be holy in all manner of conversation. Because it is written, “Be ye holy; for I am holy” (1 Peter 1:15-16).
But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a peculiar people. That you should show forth the praises of Him who has called you out of darkness into his marvelous light (1 Peter 2:9).
This information derived from
Dr: Steven John of Jesus Christ Global Mission Hour of Miracles Radio and Television Ministries